Food Drying: Food Dehydration and Safe Storage
Rashelle Johnson | ASIN: B009OY4GDA | 102 Pages | MOBI | 1.23 MB
This book is chock-full of the information you need to get started dehydrating foods. Learn how to safely dehydrate and store the food you grow, catch and buy.
Food drying is made simple using the techniques laid out in this book.
Topics covered in this book include the following:
- The benefits of food drying.
- The nutritional value of dried foods.
- How to keep dried foods safe by following the Golden Rules of Food Dehydration.
- All of the safe food drying methods are covered, including oven-drying, sun-drying, commercial dryers and freeze-drying.
- How to pre-treat food before you dry it for best results.
- How to dry fruits, vegetables, meats, fish and herbs and spices.